What happened to print
Don’t Be So Quick to Offer Your Condolences.
Reports of the death of printing are greatly exaggerated. Yes, today, there are more ways then ever to get your message across. But don’t write off printing. In fact, printed pieces, especially those that are personalized, are still an essential and effective way to grow sales. Your mailings just need to be seamlessly integrated into the other, newer methods available to you. To help make it easier for you to sort things out, Ferrante & Associates is sending you its monthly Ferrante Speaks newsletter. It contains articles about how to get the most from your marketing budget with the tools you have at your disposal.
Many who think printing is dead also feel the same about direct mail. However, it remains one of the most effective ways to reach customers and prospects. The fact is, direct mail is still a very powerful tool. Using direct mail you can purchase a targeted list and know you are getting your marketing messages directly to the homes and offices of the actual people you want to reach. So instead of bidding it adieu, use direct mail for what it is: one of a number of great tools in your marketing kit. Better yet, because it’s evolved and adapted over the years, direct mail can be easily integrated with some of today’s technologies such as variable printing and personalized URLs (pURLs) to help you increase sales in ways you never thought possible.
When integrated with your direct mail and email campaigns, pURLs drive customers and prospects to individualized web pages with messaging relevant to them. This high degree of integration, personalization and relevancy results in substantially higher conversion rates. What’s more, pURLs allow you to gather in-depth analytics about your campaign, and deliver leads in real time to your sales channel or Customer Relationship Management system.
Web-based Print-to-Fulfillment Programs.
When you add web-based print-to-fulfillment programs to your marketing mix, you can reap more than just the rewards that come from pURLs and variable data printing. Web-based print-to-web programs help you drive growth, improve customer experience, and streamline business processes.
Save time and money by providing better support to customers, dealers/distributors and sales teams.
- Streamline print production and fulfillment processes
- Ability to co-brand or regionalize marketing material
- Provide customers and sales channels with the most up-to-date collateral and training materials in just the quantities they need
- Contain production costs by eliminating print overruns and obsolete literature
- Better manage branding across multiple divisions and international offices
- Support international customers/offices/distributors 24/7
- Obtain full visibility of program costs and activities for ROI and forecasting with comprehensive, available-on-demand reporting tools
- Reduce the time and cost of program administration
- Multi language and multi currency system
To get an idea of just how far printing has come, watch this video of the amazing new digital VDP capable HP T200 Color Inkjet Web Press. Then get ready to benefit from the advantages that it and some of the other tools discussed in this newsletter can deliver.